This policy will explain how we process, collect, manage, and store your details and how your rights under GDPR are adhered to.
At 3CR Bioscience we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it. We may collect data from clients’ data, suppliers’ data and the data of personnel within companies that have expressed an interest in 3CR Bioscience Ltd, we use it to ensure our communication back to you is relevant. Information you give to us is treated confidentially and will not be sold, traded, or rented to other companies, individuals, or entities.
When using our products, services, website or engaging with us electronically or via a telephone, we collect information in a number of ways:
- Information voluntarily provided by you
- Information collected automatically about you
- Information we collect about you from third parties
Information voluntarily provided by you
This is information about you that you have provided to us by inputting information in the following manner;
- Email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, request literature by email or responded to an online market research study.
- The type of information you may provide may include your name, organisation name, address, industry or sector type and user type ( e.g., scientist, senior scientist, technician, laboratory manager, student), who request literature or participate in market research studies.
- Marketing content, provided by those who wish to receive literature from us in areas of specific interest.
- Our social media accounts e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook.
- Corresponding with us by email, telephone, fax or otherwise.
- Exchanged business contact details for mutually agreed marketing purposes.
(e.g, company name & address, company email, main company telephone number and work mobile.)
- We do not collect, or store ‘sensitive’ data as described in Article 9 of the GDPR (special categories of personal data).
- The information may have been provided at time of registration in order to use our website, subscription services, posting material, purchasing or requesting quotes, products or our services, creating and using an online account, engaging in correspondence by phone, email or otherwise.
- Information may be requested from you in order to resolve a technical problem or conduct research.
Information collected automatically about you
We automatically collect the following information when you engage with us, including but not limited to:
- Your visit to our site
- Transactional details
- Traffic data
- Location data
- Communication data
- Resources you access
- Technical identifier information, this anonymous data is non-personal, collected by host server for statistical purposes
- Internet protocol (IP) address used
- Browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Broad geographic location (e.g., country or city-level location)
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating system and platform
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website, where they come from, and what content on our website is of interest to them.
Information we collect about you from third parties
Sometimes, we may obtain your personal data without you giving us such data directly.
If you are a candidate for a position at 3CR Bioscience Ltd, we may obtain information about you:
- From recruitment agencies – (e.g., when a recruitment agency contacts us to identify you as a potential candidate)
- Through publicly available sources online – (e.g., on your current employer’s website, or on a professional networking site like LinkedIn); and
- By reference or word of mouth – for example, through a referral from a former employee/employer or a referee you have identified.
If you are a client, we will process identification and background information as part of our business acceptance, including anti-money laundering, conflict, reputation, and financial checks, and to fulfil any other legal or regulatory requirements to which we may be subject.
How we to use your data
The purpose for which we use your information and the legal basis under data protection laws including GDPR & PECR, only processing that data for the purposes made clear below:
We may process your information for us to pursue legitimate interests as a business, for the following purposes;
- To respond to your inquiries sent via the 3CR Bioscience website or by sending an inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org or any other email provided on the website
- To respond and advise you regarding requests addressed to us
- To provide and improve services to you
- To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you
- To create a better understanding of you as a user or our products or services, so we can customise the service we provide
- To correspond or communicate with you, to let you know about our activities and enhance and personalise your experience with us (including supporting content, newsletters, and other content based on the interest you have communicated to us, and to improve our services to you)
- For analysis to inform our marketing strategy
- To fulfil online delivery and security
- To ensure online content is presented in the most relevant manner for you and your computer device
- To allow you to engage in interactive features
- For network and information security, so that we can take informed steps to protect against unauthorised access.
- To prevent fraud and criminal activity
- Under PECR we might contact you in your professional capacity by email, or post with marketing offers and updates. We have identified these as the most unobtrusive way to contact you. We will never contact you with marketing communications more than once a calendar month and only if:
- we have a pre-existing professional, or personal relationship with you
- we have a financial or contractual agreement with you
- that we believe the information is of genuine and legitimate interest
- we believe that the information is useful, or relevant to your job role.
- To improve our service by recording communication
- To managing contracts with suppliers and customers
- For defence of our legal obligation
- To process vacancy applications and monitor recruitment campaigns
Where you have provided consent
We may use your data where you have consented to do so for;
- If you have registered for an account with us via our website, signed up to a newsletter or refreshed your marketing preferences.
- If you have opted in for marketing activities
Third Parties who may have access to your information
We may disclose to third party service providers for the purposes of providing services to us, or directly to you on our behalf. These third parties only have information that is required for them to provide a service, we have a contract in place that requires them to keep information secure and not to be used outside of the agreed contract.
Third party providers may include;
- Cloud based providers, hosting companies, content, and email providers
- Marketing agencies
- Administrative providers
- Payment processing companies. For customers who provide credit card details for purchasing from 3CR Bioscience, we do not hold or store any credit card details.
Storing your information
On occasion, the information you provide to us may be transferred to counties outside the EEA, for example where third-party servers are in a country outside of the EEA. Where possible we seek service providers whose servers are within the EEA.
How long we keep your data
We only keep the data required for as long as necessary to ensure we can deliver our service to you.
Our data retention and disposal policy reflect the duration we intend to keep the data.
We do not retain personal information longer than is needed.
Data access right:
As per GDPR, you have right of access to all personal details we may hold on file. Should you wish to view these details, please contact us at email@example.com and we will supply the information within one month. As a data subject whose personal information we hold, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about collecting and using your personal data,
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you,
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of them is incomplete or inaccurate,
- The right to be forgotten, i.e., the right to ask us to delete or dispose of any of the data held
- The right to withdraw the consent when processing is based on the consent
- The right to the restriction of processing of your personal data,
- The right to object to using your personal data for a particular purpose,
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner, in the event we have not responded to within 30 days to your request to exercise these rights or you are unsatisfied with the response.
How to opt out:
If you do not wish to receive certain communications from 3CR Bioscience, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawing your consent:
By using the 3CR Bioscience Ltd products, services and website you are consenting to collection and use of both automatically and voluntarily collected information, such as email address, shipping address, etc…
Erasing your personal information
You may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems by contacting us on email@example.com, we will make every reasonable effort to comply to your request within 30 days of receiving the request.
If there is a breach of the data we hold, which risks your rights or freedoms, we commit to reporting to the ICO and our contacts on the compromised lists.
3CR Bioscience Ltd staff are contracted to keep your data confidential. We train our staff so they are aware of how to handle information and how and when to report when something goes wrong.
If you have any questions or comments about this document, or wish to make contact to exercise any of your rights set out within it please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unit 10, West Point Business Park Harlow, Essex, CM20 2BU, United Kingdom
Last updated 01/11/2022